Lemony Tilapia and Asparagus Grill
Dinner is incredibly quick and easy when you grill tilapia and asparagus side by side. A combination of chili powder and lemon pepper enhances the mild fish, and a mild vinaigrette seasons the spears.
Serving Size: 3 ounces fish and 6 asparagus spears
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt-free lemon pepper, divided use
- 1 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder, divided use
- 1 pound asparagus spears (about 24), trimmed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tilapia fillets (about 4 ounces each), rinsed and patted dry
- 1 medium lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- Lightly spray the grill rack with cooking spray. Preheat the grill on medium high.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder. Pour into a large shallow casserole dish. Add the asparagus, turning several times to coat.
- In a small bowl, stir together the chili powder, cayenne, salt, and remaining 1 teaspoon lemon pepper and 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder. Sprinkle over both sides of the fish. Using your fingertips, gently press the mixture so it adheres to the fish. Lightly spray both sides of the fish with cooking spray.
- Drain the asparagus, discarding the marinade.
- Place the fish and asparagus lengthwise so they are perpendicular to the grates of the grill. (For the fish, you can also use a grill basket lightly sprayed with cooking spray.) Grill the fish for 3 minutes on each side, or until it flakes easily when tested with a fork. Grill the asparagus for 4–5 minutes, or until tender, turning frequently. Transfer both to a platter. Serve with the lemon wedges.
2 Vegetable, 3 Lean Meat
|Calories from Fat||50|