Salmon with Mango and Peach Salsa
Packed with the natural sweetness of mango and peaches, the salsa in this dish gets its kick from jalapeño and cumin. It’s the perfect foil for the richness of salmon.
Serving Size: 3 ounces fish and 2 tablespoons salsa
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 8 minutes
1 cup chopped peeled peaches or 1 (8-ounce) can peaches packed in water, drained and chopped
1 medium mango, chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
3 tablespoons chopped red onion
1 small fresh jalapeño, seeds and ribs discarded, chopped
1 teaspoon grated lime zest
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper (white preferred)
4 salmon fillets with skin (about 5 ounces each), rinsed and patted dry
- Lightly spray the grill rack with cooking spray. Preheat the grill to medium-high. Or lightly spray a grill pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the salsa ingredients. Set aside.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper over the fish. using your fingertips, gently press the seasoning so they adhere to the fish.
- Grill the fish with skin side up for 4 minutes, or until browned. Using a spatula, turn over the fish. Grill for 3-4 minutes, or until the desired doneness.
- Transfer the fish with the skin side down to plates. Spoon the salsa on top of or alongside the fish.
1 Fruit, 4 Lean Protein
|Calories from Fat||60|
This recipe is from Diabetes & Heart-Healthy Recipes published by the American Diabetes Association. ©2019 American Diabetes Association and the American Heart Association. All rights reserved.