Spinach + Artichoke Dip
This creamy dip gets a surprising bit of bite from a small amount of horseradish. And it’s loaded with tasty morsels of artichoke hearts, spinach, roasted red bell peppers, and green onions, making it a breeze to sneak some extra vegetables into your diet. Serve it with whole-grain pita chips or raw vegetables for dipping, or spread it on triangles of whole-grain toast.
Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 12 oz frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red bell peppers, drained if bottled
- 2 medium green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion or 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon bottled white horseradish, drained (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon red hot-pepper sauce
- In a medium bowl, stir together all the ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or until the minced onion has softened.
|Calories from Fat||5|
This recipe is from Diabetes & Heart-Healthy Recipes published by the American Diabetes Association. ©2019 American Diabetes Association and the American Heart Association. All rights reserved.