Grilled Sirloin with Tapenade
The pungent flavor of olives and capers accentuates the beefiness of grilled sirloin, which tastes best with simple sides, such as steamed green beans and brown rice or farro that let the steak take center stage.
Serving Size: 3oz beef and 1 heaping Tbsp tapenade
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Spray
- 1 1/2 lb boneless top sirloin steak, about 1-inch thick, all visible fat discarded
- 4 1/2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp dried thyme, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 3 Tbsp chopped pimiento-stuffed green olives
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard (lowest sodium available)
- 1 Tbsp capers, drained, and chopped (if large)
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme, crumbled
- 1/2 medium garlic clove, minced
- Lightly spray the grill rack with cooking spray. Preheat the grill on medium high.
- Lightly spray the beef with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together the garlic cloves, thyme, pepper, and salt. Sprinkle over the beef. Using your fingertips, gently press the mixture so it adheres to the beef.
- Grill the beef, covered, for 10 minutes on each side for medium rare, or until the desired doneness. Transfer to a cutting board. Lightly cover with aluminum foil. Let stand for 5 minutes. Thinly slice the beef diagonally across the grain.
- Meanwhile, in a separate small bowl, stir together the tapenade ingredients.
- Serve the beef topped with the tapenade.
4 Lean Protein
|Calories from Fat||60|