Caprese Kebabs with Balsamic Drizzle
Sweet tomatoes, creamy cheese and fresh herbs make a delightful bite, especially when they are splashed with a sweet, tangy dressing. This savory snack on a skewer is so delicious we’re sure this recipe will be sticking around your kitchen.
Serves: Serves 4
Serving Size: 2 skewers per serving
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons low-calorie sweetener
- 24 red or yellow cherry or grape tomatoes
- 24 fresh basil leaves
- 2 part-skim mozzarella string cheese sticks, cut into 12 pieces each
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil and sweetener.
- To make eight kebabs, use 10- to 12-inch wooden or metal skewers. For each kebab, thread 1 tomato, 1 basil leaf (gently fold two or three times or tear in half if larger) and 1 piece of cheese. Repeat twice on each skewer.
- Drizzle the vinegar mixture over all or serve on the side.