Grilled Peach Halves with Fresh Blueberry Compote
Grilling the peach caramelizes its natural sugars. The warm peach combines beautifully with bright berries in this appealing dessert.
Serving Size: 1 peach half with 2½ tablespoons compote
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon light tub margarine, melted
- 1/2 tablespoon firmly packed light or dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon fresh orange juice, divided use
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, divided use
- 1 firm but ripe freestone peach, halved
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- Lightly spray a grill rack with cooking spray. Preheat the grill on medium high.
- In a small bowl, stir together the margarine and brown sugar. Stir in 1 teaspoon orange juice and 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg.
- Put the peach halves with the cut side up on the grill rack. Brush generously with the brown sugar mixture. Grill for 4 minutes, or until golden brown on the bottom. Turn over the peach halves. Brush generously with the brown sugar mixture. Grill for 4 or 5 minutes, or until the peach halves are heated through and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, stir together the remaining 2 tablespoons orange juice, honey, and cornstarch. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, or until thickened and smooth, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Stir in the blueberries and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg. Serve over the peach halves.
1 Fruit, ½ Carbohydrate
|Calories from Fat||15|