With its sunny seasonings of fresh lemon zest, basil, oregano, and red pepper flakes, this recipe pays homage to the humble zucchini and elevates it to a whole new level of deliciousness.
Serving Size: 1/2 zucchini
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 2 medium zucchini (5–6 ounces each), trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the zucchini with the cut side up on a baking sheet. Drizzle the oil over each half.
- In a small bowl, stir together the remaining ingredients except the Parmesan. Sprinkle over the zucchini.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the zucchini is just tender. Remove from the oven.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
1 Vegetable, ½ Fat
|Calories from Fat||30|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Added Sugar||0 g|