Salmon Croquettes with Yogurt Horseradish Sauce
A zippy horseradish-infused yogurt sauce enlivens the down-home flavor of crisp croquettes. They’re great hot, at room temperature, or chilled.
Serving Size: 1 croquette and 2 tablespoons of sauce
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1 tablespoon bottled white horseradish, drained
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can boneless, skinless red or pink salmon, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup crushed whole-grain crispbread (lowest sodium available)
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh dillweed or 1/2 teaspoon dried dillweed, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola or corn oil
- In a small bowl, stir together the sauce ingredients. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the croquette ingredients except the oil. Shape into 6 patties, each about 3 inches in diameter.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat, swirling to coat the bottom. Cook the croquettes for 2–3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Transfer the croquettes to plates. Spoon the sauce alongside or on top of the croquettes.
1 Carbohydrate, 3 Lean Protein
|Calories from Fat||60|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||15 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Added Sugar||0 g|