Spicy Pork Chops with Sweet Mango Sauce
You can almost feel the island breezes when you savor this Jamaican-inspired dish. Serve over fluffy brown rice or quinoa to catch all the fruit-filled sauce, with a side of wilted kale.
Serving Size: 1 pork chop and 1/3 cup sauce
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless pork loin chops, about 1/2 inch thick (about 4 ounces each), all visible fat discarded
- 1 tablespoon apricot all-fruit spread or pineapple preserves
- 1 medium mango, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Lightly spray the grill rack with cooking spray. Preheat the grill on medium high.
- In a small bowl, stir together the paprika, thyme, allspice, and cayenne. Remove and set aside ¼ teaspoon of the mixture. Sprinkle the salt and remaining paprika mixture over the pork. Using your fingertips, gently press the seasonings so they adhere to the pork. Lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Grill the pork, covered, for 5 minutes on each side, or until it registers 145°F on an instant-read thermometer. Remove from the grill. Let stand for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, using a fork, briskly stir the apricot spread until softened. Stir in the mango, cilantro, lime juice, and reserved paprika mixture.
- Serve the pork topped with the sauce.
Choices/Exchanges: 1 Fruit,
3 Lean Protein
|Calories from Fat||35|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Added Sugar||2 g|