Spinach-Parmesan Quiche Bites
Looking for a delicious, stress-free holiday appetizer to serve up while the turkey cooks? Look no further. You can make our Spinach-Parmesan Quiche Bites up to five days in advance. To serve, just reheat them in the microwave.
Serving Size: 2 quiche bites
Prep Time: 15 minutess
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking spray
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted red bell peppers, drained if bottled
- 2 medium green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spray 16 cups of two 12-cup mini muffin pans or 16 cups of a 24-cup minimuffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, using a fork, separate the spinach into small pieces. Stir in the roasted peppers and green onions. Spoon the spinach mixture into the sprayed muffin cups. Sprinkle the Parmesan over the spinach mixture.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Pour into the filled muffin cups. Fill the empty muffin cups with water to keep the pan from warping.
- Bake for 18–20 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer the pans to a cooling rack. Let cool for 10 minutes. Using a thin spatula or flat knife, loosen the sides of the quiche bites. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. To reheat, put 4–6 quiche bites on a microwaveable plate. Microwave on 100% power (high) for 45 seconds to 1 minute, or until heated through.
1 Vegetable, 1 Lean Protein
|Calories from Fat||15|