Our Vegetarian Tacos make a delicious meal to enjoy during National Hispanic Heritage Month. No cooking is required so you’ll be sitting down at the table in 15 minutes.
Serving Size: 2 tacos
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup canned no-salt-added kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1 small Italian plum (Roma) tomato, diced
- 1/2 small avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded romaine
- 1/2 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa (lowest sodium available)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- In a small bowl, gently stir together the beans, corn, tomato, avocado, cilantro, lemon juice, and chili powder.
- Spoon ¼ cup bean mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top with the romaine, cheddar, salsa, and green onions. Fold the sides of the tortillas over the filling.
2 Starch, 2 Vegetable, 1 Lean Protein
|Calories from Fat||45|
This recipe is from Diabetes & Heart-Healthy Recipes published by the American Diabetes Association. ©2019 American Diabetes Association and the American Heart Association. All rights reserved.